Travelling with 6 Part 2

 

so I probably have 15 things seeking my attention, but I just couldn’t resist this oppurtunity of quiet around the house to get back to this blog post and finish something off my list.

Anyways where were we?

MacKerricher St. Park

IMG_5649

Doesn’t breakfast look delicious……oh wait we ate it all up except for the juicy red strawberries waiting to be gobbled up. (If you look closely you can see everyone’s face)

IMG_5651IMG_5652IMG_5656IMG_5666IMG_5667IMG_5670IMG_5659

Our morning here started out with everyone in good moods, the weather was fantastic…see even I managed to pull out my shorts this fine day.  We had fun exploring the tide pools. Watching the crashing of the waves, being entertained by some seals, chipmunks and many things of the beauty of creation.  Ok, I can’t say we were all in a good mood the whole time….but we’ll let those memories fade ?

IMG_5679

For some reason this photo makes me think there are palm trees (seaweed forms)IMG_5676  IMG_5685IMG_5694

Life is rough at the sea?

Unfortunately we have to leave this warm and sunny place and start driving that big long motorhome once again. This portion of the drive wasn’t anyone's favorite. As much as we tried to enjoy all those ginormous redwood cedars  the car sickness took over most of our thoughts….a very windy, swervy, turny road. We couldn’t wait to get on a somewhat straighter stretch of the highway again. We did make it through that crazy road in the middle of what felt like now where and stopped in Humboldt St. Park to make lunch and climb around the big cedars.

IMG_5708IMG_5720IMG_5714IMG_5711IMG_5710IMG_5703IMG_5713IMG_5705

We were busily carving our name on the dead tree stump, but ran out of time once again…so I guess we may have to go back down that swervy, turny car sickness road to finish up. These trees are quite amazing to wander through.  The kids loved it!

However we were off to our destination for the evening camping.  We made it in the pouring rain to Patricks Point State Park.  So thankful all we had to do was push 2 buttons, turn on the stove and eat dinner and stay warm.  The rain didn’t stay around very long and so after dinner we headed down a cliff (?) to the beach.  This is the idea of a coastal holiday right?  Spent as much time as possible close to the ocean, watch the ocean, listen to the ocean.  We managed to take in the sunset here at Patricks Point, and the photos are on D’s iphone, so maybe one day I’ll add them??? 

On top of watching the sunsetting, the kids all ran around on the beach, drawing in the sand, dancing on the sand, laughing and just loving life! Mr. J was chasing seagulls.  He would’ve gone right into the ocean had I not been following close behind and picked him up before entering…..

The evening ended off with a fire and s’mores and hot chocolate and good night kisses….

The next morning before we left I had to run back to the beach to take a few photos of what it was like the evening before.  Of course the sunset glow to the morning fog were fairy extreme dramatical effects. None the less beautiful anyways.

IMG_5723IMG_5729IMG_5726

Yes 2/4 kids are in shorts once again.  The sun was shining it will be warm….don’t get them wrong they are all way tougher than I, but they were FREEZING by the time we reached our motorhome once again. Smile

This was our final California destination.  Off to Oregon now for a few days.  We drove of course and made some short stops on the way.  But then we came to a stop at Meyers Creek Beach………the fun we had here!!! Well let’s just say 2 hours felt like 2 minutes and we were sad to leave it behind.  Ok maybe we didn’t leave it all behind.  I believe some kids were still washing the sand out of there eyes and ears the next morning in there shower.

IMG_5771IMG_5772IMG_5764IMG_5767IMG_5765IMG_5740IMG_5761IMG_5755IMG_5754IMG_5733IMG_5737IMG_5749

Just click on any photo for a larger look.  This place was fantastic!  I think this was the favorite of the trip…..

However my time of blogging is up, so I guess I need to continue again when those peaceful moments occur…(may be a few days as the kids have the next 4 days off of school).

Comments

  1. Your pictures are so beautiful! What a fun "beachy" holiday! I wonder if there's still some sand in that motorhome though....:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021