June and into summer
So I'm avoiding the dishes pile that happened and really needs to be cleaned up before our company comes for dinner. Unsure how my kitchen just about exploded in the past few hours, but it did. I guess when your kids go in there and bake cookies to sell up the street and you start dinner preparation and decide last minute to make a dessert....yes that is how my kitchen explodes into full on disaster zone! I'd bake all day every day if I never ever had to clean a dish!!!
Since we've returned from our trip to the Netherlands a lot of things have happened around here!
This girl got to go on her very first over nighter field trip. She explored the wonders of the good old days in Barkerville. She came home with some gold flakes and many good memories.
This girl decided that once again we should celebrate her birthday! She didn't make a cake request this year and gave me the privilege of surprising her. Unsure how I liked that idea. She shared a party with her cousin who loves Mario....so hence the Mario flower power cake. I made her a few more cakes....flowers and butterflies and girlie things. She was super happy to have her birthday and officially graduate from a booster seat in the van and other things. She was spoiled and loved it! She is still working on spending all her birthday cash!! She also had a great party with her friends at Castle Fun Park!
We then had the privilege of witnessing our brother (in-laws) wedding to our new sister-in-law. What a bit of a crazy, fun filled day! After working with the girls at their job in the am, we headed to a friends to get our hair done. We then rushed home to feed a crowd lunch while i attempted to take pictures of the groom and his groomsmen getting ready! Oh and fixing pocket squares and attempting to keep 4 kids happy and getting ready myself. But so worth the fun and seeing the 4 brothers hanging out. Even if they failed at tie tying...
The happy couple!
I wanted to share some photos of us as well since we made lots of effort to dress up for this occasion. Even if the littlest decided not to wear his bow tie :(
The girls wanted to play and sing for their uncle and new auntie. However some nerves kicked in so I had to help them last minute.....
The Mr. and I also did a song. My nerves also kicked in....no photo of the occurrence.... however the song we sang/played was called Hymn by Brooke Fraser
June is full of field trips so I went along to help chaperone!
June is also full of graduations. I attended my nieces.
Celebrating Fathers Day....
(I can't flip this photo around sorry)
And our girls after their piano rehearsal....So fun
Before you know it July came rushing in!
Celebrating our countries 150th birthday with cousins at the parade. Finished the day with a BBQ and swim!
Had fun demolishing our backyard!!
Had the privilege of hosting many guests in our home. 8 at the same time!!! Full of fun, song, love and laughter. We are teaching our relatives many Canadian things....
Including eating waffles with maple syrup, eating eggs on English muffins and making s'mores over the fire! We look forward to hosting them again in August for a few nights.
Celebrating a birthday....the first time with his 2 daughters out of the house, because they were at camp. The boys couldn't wait for Dad to get home from work to open his gifts!! I think they were more excited about that drone than Daddy!
Fun times to be had in this small airplane. Our cousin is a pilot and is trying to gain more hours. We had a fabulous date night flying over Vancouver!!! Even if the plane was a little more bouncy than those big jets and a little nerve wrecking I'll admit. It's a thrill ride really :)
Picked the girls up from another fantastic week of fun at Stepping Stones Bible camp!!! We heard stories and songs for days....
Road trip............Bringing my niece and sister back to their home.
Hanging out in Calgary with cousins. Having a hard time leaving. The kids wanted to stay a few more weeks.
In Drumheller. This was how they found a dinosaur. It was amazing. Glad I don't see these large animals up close and personal. But then again maybe I would.
Cousins!!! So many new memories were made. Thanks for hanging out with us!!!
And guess what we are back to reality at home. I guess that means I better tackle that mountain of dishes after all.
Talk about flying through June and July!!!
ReplyDeletehaha good one Mom!
Delete