Trips and treasures

A little while ago I put the link back up on my social media page from a blog about Mother's Day.  Although I get very emotional about the day and the upcoming to the day with my precious Mom being in heaven, I do remember that I have the honour of celebrating motherhood and celebrating with other mothers in my life.  I know it can be a difficult day for many in different ways.  
My one little guy who hangs out with me a lot gave me a special treat when I was down....how can you not resist his smile, with a card, cup of water and an apple all delivered with that big smile and even bigger heart.

Shortly after that day I was given the privilege of going on a much desired field trip with my daughter.  If you know me at all, or even through this blog you know how much I desire the ocean and the wonders of it.  This trip to Salt Spring Islands did not fail me or my wonder of our wonderful creator.  We have so much more to experience from the ocean.....
Spending time with the kids and their teacher produced many memories that I'll cherish and I hope my daughter will too!  God is good!

Ferry Ride!!

Why we came.....well ok one of the reasons was to find these guys.  Moonsnails...aren't they fascinating?  Can you believe that bottom portion fits all the way into its shell???

On our trip the other chaperone in our vehicle shared my last name, so I became "Mom' to a few extra people :)

Haha my princess in the background.....still laughing about this skit

over 59 flights worth of stairs in about 20 minutes made for a fantastic view!!! Thankfully it wasn't roasting hot.
So if your child gets to experience this fantastic field trip I'd highly recommend tagging along.  yes, it involves limited toilets, oh sorry pit toilets and sleeping in a tent far away from your vehicle, but the memories are so worth it..  
See what hanging out with these kids does.....
Oh the laughter!  

After Camping our family went Glamping!!!
Can you believe we drove in this thing.  
It was our annual trip to Ft. Casey in the USA
Time for new memories with our fantastic family.

Like this....puzzling with "Great" aunties

or becoming a seal

Exploring guns with an Uncle

Checking out the fort

Hanging out with a fun cousin at sunset

Doing Cartwheels....

Yes, he was pretty relaxed driving this Class A

Even more fun was sitting on a couch while driving

or comfy chair watching everyone....

Ok or maybe colouring in the chair while driving

Me, trying to remain cool and calm while driving...

Now we're home....in all those photos you can't tell that I'm battling a terrible cold.  As I'm now home struggling with summer semester, blocked sinuses and feeling so out of the loop.  All my questions are related to being in the work force.....I pretty much have to lie my way through all the discussions as my work has been at home for that last 12+/- years and therefore I don't find I can relate to the questions.  Good thing D can help me out a little.




Comments

  1. Pretty sure there’s a block of chocolate on that plate too... definitely with a mention! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels so strange to see my son driving that "glamper"! Wasn't it a great weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah he seems to young to be driving one no? It was a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

2021