Things we did over the holidays……

I’m a little behind in blogger world……..but since school is closed again today and were really trapped indoors again, why not post some blog posts.

IMG_0869

We attended our cities Santa Parade.  We bundled them all up nice and warm…..to warm they started taking their gloves off.  Or was that because they couldn’t hang on to all that candy with their mitts on.  Each kid came home with a ziploc over flowing with candy.  They loved it.

IMG_0871IMG_0872IMG_0874

Another tradition of ours since D and I were married is to take the Santa Train.  I think we missed one year out of 7.  Not bad because the one year we had a 1 week old.  Last year we had a 1 month old, but he was a trooper.  Whenever we go on this train we always try to think of fun things to do in the Vancouver area.  We try to make this day as “cheap” as possible. This year we headed to Burnaby Village as it was free.

IMG_0875IMG_0876

A craft at Burnaby Village.

IMG_0878IMG_0879IMG_0880IMG_0881

This was probably the kids highlight. I don’t think I ever rode one of these as a kid….

IMG_0884

One of us…….handy having a 5 yr. old who loves to take photo’s.

IMG_0886IMG_0887

The first year our kids weren’t actually scared to sit on Santa’s lap.  Do you like the olden day Santa or the modern day?  The kids were confused when the saw the one of the left…..he wasn’t wearing the suit they were used to.

IMG_8636IMG_8642IMG_8650IMG_8651IMG_8658IMG_8659IMG_8660IMG_8664

Opening gifts with our little family on Christmas eve is another tradition.  Hearing the kids voices as they “snuck” downstairs in the morning is just priceless.  Even though our one daughter wasn’t too impressed with Santa for a little while about the “small” jewelry box she did finally warm up to the idea that she didn’t need a big one when she was 3. 

IMG_8671

The next week of Christmas holidays (from school) we had my sister and her family over.  These three woke up very excited every morning.  They could wake the whole house up with their energy, but we did try to keep them quiet. We had an enjoyable 5 days with 6 extra house guests.  Hopefully they didn’t feel too crowded and will come back.  I made them breakfast every morning…….I AM NOT a MORNING PERSON Smile

IMG_8674IMG_8675IMG_8676IMG_8679IMG_8680IMG_8682IMG_8683IMG_8684

Opening gifts with D’s family is another tradition.  This year we did this also while celebrating Uncle M’s birthday.  We were also stuffed with Turkey that night. 

That was our holiday celebrations in 2011 (ok and 2012 as the last one was New Year’s Day).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021