Life's pretty good if you can have lollipops.


Well it's official we hit the ground in Tampa yesterday without a hitch. Just a fairly big clunk. 

So here's the beginning of the story. 
We've had our home on the market for over 6 weeks. We've had a March Florida vacation planned for almost a year now. We didn't have a hot clue our house would be for sale at that time, but an opportunity came up and so its on the market. 
Anyways planning, packing a holiday vacation and keeping a house super tidy is a bit of a challenge. So I thought I would start the vacation packing early. 
Snack bags for the plane and entertainment packs were ready. Even some of the suitcases were 1/2 packed. 

Things were going smoothly and the house was still staying clean for showings. Don't ask about sanity levels...
That was all until Sunday morning just a day before travel I woke up with a stomach bug. Oh no!!!! I wasn't worried about myself just having nightmares of everyone else getting this while on the airplane. I put myself in quarantine and lysoled anything and everything I touched. 
Well Monday came along and so far so good.....I had to finish packing the suitcases while 4 kids actually played nicely.  Ok and I've decided packing a week in advance is not for me. It's just as much work to finish packing and trying to remember what I've forgot in whose suitcase.  
Between laundry, packing, resting from the bug, tidying the house, killing ants and praying they don't appear again while on vacation and keeping the peace all before the Mr. came home from  work we made it out the door. 
On the way 1 child is complaining about a tummy ache and 1 mom is freaking out inside.  We stopped for gas and dinner and after that the tummy aches went away. (Phew!)  just a newly bruised hand thanks to the dangerous subway doors. 
The rest of the trip to te hotel went well. We unhooked our van battery so not to repeat our California trip nightmare. Swam in the freezing hotel pool and tucked ourselves into bed. 
I slept with the littlest guy as he's not overly used to a big bed yet. I think I was kicked about 500 times that night. I guess he doesn't enjoy sharing either. 
We woke up still with no tummy 
aches...  And had a quick breakfast and headed to the airport. 
Our little guy is curious so he attempted to run the airport. We haven't lost him in the crowd yet. Traveling with 6 people in the Seattle airport at that time is a little crazy. D held the lead while I watched the pack follow suit and made sure no one was lost as they people watched. 
We made it through security, the train and straight onto the plane. 
3 older kids sat together and we thankful were given an extra seat for the little guy. 



Stuffing his face with snacks...the best entertainment of all. I won't lie...4.5 hours on a plane wasn't his favorite. He didn't nap like I'd hope. But his double ear infection didn't seem to bother him while flying. Thankful for meds, chiro, nasal spray to help keep him clear.  He is pretty tough though so we wouldn't know if he was in pain.
The best part of flying of course is take off and landing. Lots of giggles from E as we took off. He was sooooo thrilled. And chatty and talked about every plane in sight.  B told us she was scared...sitting by big sister wasn't the best 😉 
The landing was kind of funny. J was just playing away with his car being oblivious to the plane moving by the wind. When literally clunk. He stopped his eyes got large and just was stunned. The people around including myself were laughing. I think he was stunned for 5 minutes. 
We made it off the plane, found all our luggage and didn't lose anyone. Packed everyone in the rental van. And took over 30 minutes to get out of the rental place. Hit nasty traffic. Yes that 1.5 hour trip to our "new" home took 2.5 hours. And people were getting a little hungry. 
We unloaded our things did a speed tour around the house. And made it a mess in 5 minutes. But who cares! We're on holidays and no showings!!!!!
Found a grocery store... This time around I made up 2 shopping lists. This way we were buying the same things. It was in doing list 1 you do list 2. (I guess travel experience is true)
Cooked a fast dinner and ate it faster 
To End the day up in this...
A nice heated, private, outdoor pool! Everyone was soon tucked in at local time midnight and all slept well!
The first thing in the morning guess where the kids wanted to go...
Lots of water and sun today! Just relaxing around this house. After we J proofed it. Those marble balls can bounce on tile and the potpourri balls are a lot of fun to dump, or the raid bottle is pretty cool to carry around. We're always wondering what he'll find next. We also have a super strict rule about the pool deck door. Slightly nervous with him around as he'd promptly walk into the pool. The older kids have been warned so praying he stays safe!


Oh and the reason for the title...lollipops in the big bathtub!

That's the travel road for now. I just hear happy chatter and lots of splashing going on. 
Will be on hear soon! Hopefully with not too adventurous of stories. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021