A Loving Dad
Battle, Fight, Continue On
"I
have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the
faith" 2 Timothy 4:7
The day has come that a
victory was won! A victory for our Dad and Grandpa. A man who will
now only hold a memory in our lives. Our loss, his gain! Through
the struggles of the past years we can be comforted in our Lord and Saviour.
Early Monday morning as I sat
beside my Dad's side with my oldest sister, we watched our Dad be released of
his pain and go with the angels. We shed tears, but took hold of this
comfort knowing he's with his heavenly Father.
Life is
going to change here for me! I've spent so much time with my Dad these
past few months. Driving hours to doctor/hospital appointments, sitting
with him, tidying his room, listening to much advise, running all over town for
his errands and having moments of silence knowing the quiet was also fine.
Those were good times! I always loved when I got to stop at a local
Dutch Deli to pick out certain treats for him, I always picked up treats for
our family too!
There were
also some difficult memories, watching him suffer and struggle. But Dad
took a comfort in reading the Bible. He always took time to read it,
even if we were already running behind for his next appointment. The
Bible was way more important then being on time! He'd always
hold a prayer after reading the Bible and they never were rushed. He
taught me so much just by doing that!
I'm sure i'll share more of these
days, but now the words are a struggle. We loved our Dad/Grandpa so much!
We will miss him so much!
As I was typing a song came up
and so i hear the lyrics.
"Sovereign
Over Us"
There is strength within the
sorrow
There is beauty in our tears
And You meet us in our
mourning
With a love that casts out
fear
You are working in our
waiting
You're sanctifying us
When beyond our understanding
You're teaching us to trust
Your
plans are still to prosper
You have not forgotten us
You're with us in the fire
and the flood
You're faithful forever
Perfect in love
You are sovereign over us
You
are wisdom unimagined
Who could understand Your
ways
Reigning high above the
Heavens
Reaching down in endless
grace
You're the lifter of the
lowly
Compassionate and kind
You surround and You uphold
me
And Your promises are my
delight
Even what the enemy means for
evil
You turn it for our good
You
turn it for our good and for Your glory
Even
in the valley, You are faithful
You're working for our
good
You're working for our good and for Your glory
You're
faithful forever
Perfect in love
You
are sovereign over us

Keeping you and your family in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteYou will miss your Dad's constant love and prayers for you. Praying that God will comfort you with His rich promises.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful words, Carla. I'm so sorry for your great loss, but thankful with you that his suffering is over. Praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry for your loss. I got to know Rita & John (but especially John) quite well over the past few years. We had some very nice visits and solid conversations together. I will miss those visits. Unfortunately I will be in Edmonton on Friday, otherwise I would have for sure been at the funeral service. Wishing you God's comfort and strength for that day. Sincerely, Rob Beukem
ReplyDeleteOur condolences to you and your family Carla. May God bless you all with comfort and strength for the days ahead.
ReplyDelete