Car Conversation
A certain little boy in my life is really missing his Grandpa!
Here is our car conversation....
Mom, I really want Grandpa. I don't want him to be sick anymore! I want him to be all better! I really want to go see him. And when we go see him, Mom he is going to be all better!
Well bud you know we can't see Grandpa right now, he isn't here anymore he is with Jesus. And guess what he isn't sick anymore!
No, but Mom I just really want to go see him. He's all better right? I just want to go show him all our pictures of Florida on your phone. Ok Mom, Grandpa really would like Florida.
Ok, buddy I'm sure Grandpa would really love that! But we won't see him until we go to Jesus or Jesus comes to see us.
Ok, but I really still want to see Grandpa
That just left me in tears. So sad that we have to miss our Dad and Grandpa, but we won't ask for him to come back. For now we'll treasure that he left a mark of love on our lives.
Tear jerker.
ReplyDeleteHave had similar conversations with my kids who really wish they could tell Grandpa one more story.
HUGS! your sis, Sharon
More evidence of his impact of love! Glad they could tell him stories and hopefully they can carry some memory of him!
Delete