Crunch Time
Oh July where are you going so quickly......
Summer has long started and it is busy!
We've packed in vacation, parties, beach days, books, colouring, laughter, sun, heat, visits! OK I know not bad for the first 18 days of July.
I didn't mention the stress of the month though...... I am down to crunch time for the semester. It is down to 2 final assignments for school and they're both worth A LOT. So I'm feeling a little pressure....nope a lot of pressure. I just keep reminding myself daily that I'll be thankful in September when I have less load to carry while attending school. Right??? I may have to send myself back to my blog to read that note!
Anyways it's not all boring in this house. And no I'm not constantly wracking my brain, I've enjoyed watching my kids enjoy the summer sunshine and watching my flowers growing. Just don't ask what the inside of the house looks like. My one friend nicely summarized it as a kid-nado made its way through the house. And she also told me that people don't always Love a clean house. Seriously isn't she the best type of friend??? To my Dutch relatives who are coming soon....we will attempt to clean the kid-nado up before you arrive. As for my Calgarian guests, guess what?! When you arrive the kid-nado should be clean and clear. No one, needs to step on a piece of Lego during that time frame.....
Anyways since I'm learning all about visuals and how it keeps your audience's attention, I of course will add some to this blog post.
Story Time!
Entertaining me with skits.
Bar-U Ranch in Alberta.....while on vacation it was slightly winter type weather.
When you go on holidays....you get extra special treatment like tv's while you shop.
Early Morning Breakfast after dropping off a daughter/niece who travelled to a very HOT place. This was our reward for getting up so early. I actually slept for another hour after breakfast.
Crafting with my nieces! Somehow I don't have photos of the signage that we put all over my sister and brother in laws yard...some one does though.
Uncles who put up with their 5 yr. old nephews are GREAT
Lawn Mowing....
Cousin Time!
The big 4-0 Party spoiled our kids with bouncy castles and horse back riding.
Rolley Lake!
Free Slurpee Day
Sasamat Beach
Field trip to Dad's work
Where you put pesky brothers....
(Reminds me of a story in the Bible )
Cultus (Classic) Beach Day. Except the grandparents were fantastic by taking the kids tubing, and boat rides and even putting up with their kayaking skills (or lack thereof).
There is much more that don't always get photographed, but you get the gist. I really needed to stop writing my research proposal paper and think of these fantastic memories we have made so far. What have you done with your summer?
Comments
Post a Comment