University in your 30's



Well it is official I am done university!  It has been 2 months since I wrote my last exam and I am  missing it........Ok not the exam part, the idea of going to classes and learning.  What started out to be a terrifying idea of going back to university after years of being out of school now is a desirable location.  If you are reading this blog and have any hesitations, or excuses about going to university because at your age it's not worth it, or too scary don't listen to yourself!  You can do it.  Start at a slow pace!  So many of my classmates were "experienced" Adults and were working their way through school at different paces to get to their end goals.  Some finished their program and decided to study further.

Some of my courses were interesting, some were challenging, some were annoying, some were fascinating, but all of them taught me something.

My favourite class of all was when we got to play with fidgets.....

I loved working on group projects (mostly).  I made some great friends while working on them!  Even had to get behind my video camera a few times.  Stand in front of other class mates and educate them on a topic I knew more about then them.  Also sharing personal stories in class, or feelings.




My one class mate that got me through the most was a red head like me!  I never entered any of my classrooms without her having a smile for me, or a laugh that we could share.  She is making a fantastic go at her new career and I am proud of her!  Plus she was always up for my crazy ideas.  Including making her and other (fun and fabulous) classmates be late for class because it was Pi day and who was going to miss out on free pie!  Or for finding the pancakes on campus, or going for walks between classes to  let me get a coffee, or to try out the new bridge.  If she wasn't part of my days on campus it would have been a whole lot of boring!  So if you go find that one good friend!!!!  That was a definite value that I am taking away from university as well.

See it doesn't sound scary at all does it?  Even though that first textbook that weighs 10 lbs looks frightening I made it through the whole thing!!!

I did not fail any exams and I actually enjoyed writing papers.  I think being pushed to deadlines was what I needed.  Nope, I wasn't a procrastinator in school!  I had my papers long done before they were due so my lovely niece could edit them!  Well the first ones anyways!!  The last ones I handed in I edited myself and actually did ok!!

I also experienced hours at practicum.  I miss the people I worked with there!  They all taught me so much and really looked out for me and encouraged me for my future career.

I cannot forget my support team back at home who were constantly cheering me on through school.  They got excited when I would get an A on anything and I loved them all for it!  They also helped around the house so much!  Laundry, clean up, baking etc.  You know I would not have managed any of this without them.  Especially Mr. D.  my biggest cheer leader and supporter through this journey.  He never told me he was annoyed with my lack of brain power on mom or wife duties.  He picked up where I fell apart and said nothing!  HONESTLY I have the best husband ever.


That is what my life looked like while in school.  I would do it all over again (minus exams)!  I will never stop learning!  And I hope to use what I have learned to the best of my ability.

Even though this is my version, my story it was  directed by someone much bigger than I!  God directed my story and will continue to do so when I move onto a new chapter in my life!  Every footstep and breathe I took on the journey was guided in the way it was meant too!

Comments

  1. Congratulations Carla!! ....and now back to elementary school again :-) May God bless you in your new position as an EA!
    cecile

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021