San Diego Part 1

Travels travels….my husband has travelled many days this year.  I believe he went on flight #55 when I was with him, or close to it anyways.  Thankfully I did make at least one with him.  The thought process for this trip began a long time ago.  D knew he was bound for Mexico and we thought we would like to get-a-way for our anniversary as we almost do annually. A Mexican resort sounded nice, but as it came closer to travel time D realized he was kind out of holiday time, and work was busy so it wasn’t that great of an idea.  Next option California.  I was fine with this…….other then having to travel to the airport alone.  I really don’t like bringing myself to airports.  Thankfully my lovely sister in law stepped in and drove me all the way to Vancouver so I could hop on my plane.  THANKS!

Everything was working out just fine.  I had every little detail prepped and memorized in my mind.  I was to meet D in the humongous LA airport somewhere.  We had a location and my flight landed early so I was like Phew! more time for me to find him.  Well his flight landed early too…….but we found each other in the airport at the assigned destination in like 1 minute.

Next was the car rental……easy (for me)  D does this all the time for work, plus he’s rented from this car company in LA before.  I also needed to feed myself.  Nothing too exciting around so McD’s it was.  We had a 2 hour drive so I didn’t want to stop and eat somewhere.

Driving to San Diego was good.  We had to catch up on almost a weeks worth of events so it was ok that it was dark outside and we couldn’t see anything anyways.

We arrived safe and sound in San Diego in a hotel right next to Sea World and Mission Bay.  Through in all our luggage and headed out for a bite to eat and some relaxing.  Yes, the holiday has begun!!

The next morning we headed to the open ocean and found breakfast on the beach…..I was freezing.  How can you freeze in California?  Everyone around there was in winter gear.  Yes, even witnessed a few people in parka’s.  But the food was delicious and I was stuffed for HOURS!

After munching on yummy food what do you think we did?  Shop!  We love shopping!  I think D does more than I do!  I won’t complain though.  We found some good deals.  Plus shopping sans children is just lovely!

I feel like I’m rambling….I was going to write these stories about how to holiday on a very strict budget.  This includes cooking only with a microwave.  But I should’ve written them down when they just happened.  Some things always read under the upc label to see if the dish you purchase is actually microwave safe.  Purchase Uncle Ben’s 90 second rice it’s delicious.  Do not purchase coffee flavoured drinks when you don’t like cofee that much, always look for the cappuccino, latte etc. part on the box.  Always take the dish out of the microwave with a  cloth to prevent spills, burns, injury.  Have fun shopping for the food, wine, treats and just enjoy.  It’s still going to cost less then eating out for dinner every night Smile

IMG_1633_thumb1

So we actually did more then shop and eat.  We saw some things….

IMG_1635_thumb1IMG_1637_thumb1IMG_1639_thumb

IMG_1642_thumb

IMG_1646_thumb2

Comments

  1. too bad it wasn't a little bit warmer and a little bit longer :) Glad you had a great time away though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021