The Big Surprises

For the past months we have been prepping to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary.  It began in January with an idea to make a book for my parents.  My sister-in-law and I would get together regularly and work away at it.  Then some very exciting news happened with the expected arrival of a new niece or nephew to come in September…….this left a big project on my hands which I was more than happy to oblige at as long as everyone else (5 other siblings) did their part!

Here are a few peaks at this book.  Shutterfly is a wonderful company to work with as everyone could just upload photos that they liked and change their pages etc..

image

image

image

These pictures were fun to get.  I stole my parents wedding album right from under their nose……and they never noticed.  It was a good thing I snuck it back on time as my Mom did pull it out to show off on the actual day of the anniversary.

 

imageimage

imageimage

Couple pages

image

Growing up pages

image

individual grandchildren pages

image

family pages

 

image

oldies but goldies (pages)

image

every day life pages

image

living the life pages (aka holidays)

At the end of it all 99 pages filled with so many memories, moments and love.  The best part was watching everyone paging through the book and seeing the smiles. 

The second part of the anniversary that was secret was picking up a dozen roses from my Dad for my Mom.  I know this caused a lot of tears between my Dad and I. (See previous post about beautiful)  I really did take this job seriously.  It’s no easy task to buy the perfect flowers and that just right card for someone to give to their love………but the flowers are fairing very nicely!  They are as local as local can get (Victoria, BC) so I was super happy about that.  Oh and of course my dear Mom is enjoying them Smile

Overall I’m thankful that we could witness this special day that only happened because of something beautiful 40 years ago.  We spent a lovely evening with my Dad’s family and my Mom’s family (from the Netherlands) with cake, coffee, chocolate and great conversation.

Even though we don’t know the next steps of Dad’s care we witness every day that my parents hand it over to the Lord.  He will truly take care of us! “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.”- Psalm 46:1

Comments

  1. Beautiful post, Carla!

    ck

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a big project, Carla! I am sure that album will be looked at over and over. And the roses are beautiful.

    May God give you strength for every day!

    Alisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021