We will Praise Him in this Storm
You know sometimes in life it goes slow and steady and other times your running through and it's fast and bumpy. The latter is life right now.
The past few days have been a little crazy.
We've had lovely guests come and visit us from Calgary, AB. A great time we had with them. As you know it's always a little busier with extra people in and around the house. A busy I enjoy, but busy regardless. I can't believe how many towels this house went through :) It's ok as reward I was given a box of chocolates and Starbucks gift card. I'd take that anytime! (Hint, Hint babe!)
We've also upped and moved my parents from their home of 25+ years. It was a little heart breaking picking things up from there and moving it to a smaller place. I know it's a necessary thing to do for them, but it will be so strange not driving to the King Road Palace (as my Dutch relatives call it) anymore. We pray for my parents that they may be settled in their new home. Our daughter thought it was so cool that they now live on a street called Princess. In fact she was so impressed that she just had to write them a letter to this new address.
Along with the move we've been assisting my parents with doctor visits. This has been a trying time for our family, but we are granted peace from our Heavenly Father and He surrounds us with his Love. The Psalmist reminds us of this...."For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Another thing thrown into the loop is that D has been off and traveling to a foreign land. It's been a while since he has left us alone at home...we manage, we miss him, but it's part of our story and well it does keep life interesting. The bonus this time around is that I had some assistance of guests to help out with the kids a few mornings.
Of course in this week I finally decided to take my poor little sick boy to see the doctor. Normally it takes one phone call and I'm in for an appointment as some hour of the day. This time however I believe it took 7 phone calls and long discussions to get him in. You may wonder why.....currently a measles outbreak is happening in our area and the health care people are trying to take as many precautions as they can. So if you show any cold like symptoms it turns into an epidemic. Yes, this means 7 phone calls, an anxious mom and crying, sick baby. To no avail we happened to make it in the doctors office and the quarantine was lifted by the time we left. No diagnosis of measles, but rather a double ear infection, soar throat and congested cough. Nothing a good dose of medicine can't fix.
After that crazy day and swimming lessons on top of that all, it was a simple hot dog dinner.....thankfully our piano teacher who eats with us on Monday's didn't seem to mind.
So the next day (yesterday) we were having a fairly normal kind of day. We sent off our last guest and had the house to ourselves. It was a beautiful sunny day! I sent one child to school, 2 children to story hour at church and took one along for a walk with my sister in law and nephew. After one child then went to a friends house while the other bawled as he really wanted to play with his sister. Don't worry lunch on the tramp cured all the tears. A smooth day wouldn't you say? Well it didn't end there......a loud boom was heard and guess what, the power went out! ahhh I need to finish up the laundry.... how am I going to cook dinner. Well thankfully we still have the in-laws trailer on property and I cooked in there :)
This morning we of course slept in 25 minutes. Somehow in the mad dash we managed to pack lunches and feed children. One decided she wasn't feeling well (though I'm not sure how unwell she is, maybe she just wanted a day off, life has been a little crazy). The other made it onto the bus on time. You may wonder how this happens......well I don't like turning on alarm clocks. My alarm clocks are my children, but somehow they decided to sleep in too today. Do you think they could do that during the 2 weeks of spring break? (NOOOO)
Anyways now I'm sitting here doing a therapeutic blog post. Counting down the days until the Mr. returns home and praying that swimming lessons won't be a bawl fest. Dinner is on the go today. I know the storm isn't over yet, but when the sun is shining outside it's easier to walk through it.
During all this craziness this chorus comes on in my head
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
-Casting Crowns
And of course I don't like to blog without photos if they are accessible.
The past few days have been a little crazy.
We've had lovely guests come and visit us from Calgary, AB. A great time we had with them. As you know it's always a little busier with extra people in and around the house. A busy I enjoy, but busy regardless. I can't believe how many towels this house went through :) It's ok as reward I was given a box of chocolates and Starbucks gift card. I'd take that anytime! (Hint, Hint babe!)
We've also upped and moved my parents from their home of 25+ years. It was a little heart breaking picking things up from there and moving it to a smaller place. I know it's a necessary thing to do for them, but it will be so strange not driving to the King Road Palace (as my Dutch relatives call it) anymore. We pray for my parents that they may be settled in their new home. Our daughter thought it was so cool that they now live on a street called Princess. In fact she was so impressed that she just had to write them a letter to this new address.
Along with the move we've been assisting my parents with doctor visits. This has been a trying time for our family, but we are granted peace from our Heavenly Father and He surrounds us with his Love. The Psalmist reminds us of this...."For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Another thing thrown into the loop is that D has been off and traveling to a foreign land. It's been a while since he has left us alone at home...we manage, we miss him, but it's part of our story and well it does keep life interesting. The bonus this time around is that I had some assistance of guests to help out with the kids a few mornings.
Of course in this week I finally decided to take my poor little sick boy to see the doctor. Normally it takes one phone call and I'm in for an appointment as some hour of the day. This time however I believe it took 7 phone calls and long discussions to get him in. You may wonder why.....currently a measles outbreak is happening in our area and the health care people are trying to take as many precautions as they can. So if you show any cold like symptoms it turns into an epidemic. Yes, this means 7 phone calls, an anxious mom and crying, sick baby. To no avail we happened to make it in the doctors office and the quarantine was lifted by the time we left. No diagnosis of measles, but rather a double ear infection, soar throat and congested cough. Nothing a good dose of medicine can't fix.
After that crazy day and swimming lessons on top of that all, it was a simple hot dog dinner.....thankfully our piano teacher who eats with us on Monday's didn't seem to mind.
So the next day (yesterday) we were having a fairly normal kind of day. We sent off our last guest and had the house to ourselves. It was a beautiful sunny day! I sent one child to school, 2 children to story hour at church and took one along for a walk with my sister in law and nephew. After one child then went to a friends house while the other bawled as he really wanted to play with his sister. Don't worry lunch on the tramp cured all the tears. A smooth day wouldn't you say? Well it didn't end there......a loud boom was heard and guess what, the power went out! ahhh I need to finish up the laundry.... how am I going to cook dinner. Well thankfully we still have the in-laws trailer on property and I cooked in there :)
This morning we of course slept in 25 minutes. Somehow in the mad dash we managed to pack lunches and feed children. One decided she wasn't feeling well (though I'm not sure how unwell she is, maybe she just wanted a day off, life has been a little crazy). The other made it onto the bus on time. You may wonder how this happens......well I don't like turning on alarm clocks. My alarm clocks are my children, but somehow they decided to sleep in too today. Do you think they could do that during the 2 weeks of spring break? (NOOOO)
Anyways now I'm sitting here doing a therapeutic blog post. Counting down the days until the Mr. returns home and praying that swimming lessons won't be a bawl fest. Dinner is on the go today. I know the storm isn't over yet, but when the sun is shining outside it's easier to walk through it.
During all this craziness this chorus comes on in my head
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
-Casting Crowns
And of course I don't like to blog without photos if they are accessible.
Going hiking!
On Mt. Thom
Cousins Rock!
Hiking is great!
Time for a snooze
The View...can't you see our house??
We made it too the top!
Peeling bark
Oh and sometimes we make more chaos. Mom made me vacuum it up too.
Music calms the soul
Tea Party! Grandma allowed each grandchild to pick a mug/tea cup from her collection of mugs/cups and so the very next day these girls just had to have a tea party!
Joining in on the fun
Hanging with one of his favourite people!
Photo Shoot with his new outfit! I think a certain auntie is going to love this one.
So Happy!
Enjoy your day everyone.
Comments
Post a Comment