Ft. Lauderdale

Last full day here in Florida....still enjoying the heat and the filtered sunlight.  D is off at the boat show where you can just smell money.  I was trying to determine if you just see the way people dress, or what they're driving if that is how you sense the millions of dollars people may have or if it is the rich perfumes and cologne that are floating through the air.  Regardless people don't look happy even if they have a big number value to their name.

A couple days ago we finally explored the everglades in Florida.  Yes, we were right up close and personal with the alligators.  Would've reached out and touched one if it wasn't so threatening looking.  Learned a few fun facts while out on the air boat tour.  Overall it was a fun experience to get in the everglades and finally meet the alligators.









We then travelled to the W hotel.  It feels ritzy, but all the staff is super nice and normal.  Haha.... if D is out I get better treatment...someone always had the door open for me!
Inside our hotel 

Can you "smell" the rich??



It's been a nice quiet break for me!  NO one yelling for help, or breaking things or anything.  I am reading my book, soaking up the beach and sunshine while it lasts.  I was hoping to head into the boat show, but the ticket i had was a different name and they were checking id today...

Florida is full of interesting people.  Had one lady purchase a 69cent banana with 30cents change and the rest on her debit card.  Then while she was standing there a manager was counting some cash out of the register.  She says that's my money right?  You can pass some to me.... what else are you going to do with it.... (had a little chuckle over that one).

Another cashier swiped our gift card worth of cash.  And things people say on the movies are actually things people say around here???? So weird.  I'm not sure i want to write those ones specifically but if you're curious you can always ask me on a later date.

Well I wouldn't say there are any more crazy adventures on the horizon so I'm thinking this is my closing post for Florida.  We leave bright and early tomorrow morning and head home to a birthday boy!  Should be the best birthday hug he'll ever get.  Miss those kids.  It was a good Florida vacation without them, but i do enjoy taking them here too.....
Last beverage by the beach.....yes I'm in pants and yes it was 25 degrees out there, but the wind was chilly.....and I did put shorts on later :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021