A letter to a special lady

100 years young

Recently my adopted Grandmother turned 100! I was given notice that there would be an open mike for the evening and I thought it would be nice to share our story. So here it is.

A few words for the lovely lady in the room!  First off, some of you may be wondering who I am?  I hold the bragging rights of being the guest of honor, Grandma first granddaughter!!  When I was a little girl I had only one biological grandmother alive in a far-off country and she passed away when I was 8.  When those grandparent’s days came around at school each year it was a bit of a sad day for a little girl.  My mom decided enough was enough and figured there had to be a lovely lady who would visit her daughter on this special day.  You know what?!  She found the loveliest grandmother of all!   Grandma, I want to thank you for coming each year after that to see me on grandparent’s day!  It made my heart sing that someone special was coming to see me too!  She would even make the other kids a little jealous, because I never was given candy for a treat but instead I always received a beautifully wrapped gift.  After the elementary years were up I never stopped visiting this lovely lady.  My mom would take me for visits regularly and I continued the visiting as the years went on!  Each and every one of those visits have memories stored up in my heart.
Thank you, Grandma for letting me have a grandparent to share my wedding day with!  Thank you for taking the rest of my family into your heart as well.  
Each birthday my 4 children eagerly wait for that birthday card to arrive in the mail.  They love it when they also get to share a visit with her!  Yes, Smarties do help!  
Grandma you have played the grandmother role in my life so well!  You call to check in on me regularly and you never complain that we don’t visit enough.  Thank you for being there when we needed an extra bit of loving when I was caring for my sick parents.   

You are a gift in our lives.  God gifted you with 100 years and I and my family are privileged to share in it!  May He continue to use you as a beautiful blessing!

Oh to look this good at 100!









This was at her 3rd party! Going strong at 100.
My 10 yr. old is catching up in height.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021