The last days in the Netherlands
These posts don't have much story to them. However the Saturday was probably my most favourite day of the whole trip. I wanted to journey to the Netherlands to connect with my Mom's family again. It's just such a huge part of her story and it was just nice to be with family! Even if I haven't met half of these people as soon as I was with them I was comfortable and everything felt familiar. I could pick up character traits from siblings. So thankful we were allowed to make this journey to spend time and create memories with loved ones.
These are my mom's brothers....they're always joking!
Trying to get all of us organized for a family photo....we will wait for the version that we're all actually in!
After I asked them all to do some crazy pose....I don't know why they all listened?
Then I said if the picture didn't work we could swap heads meaning in photoshop....however we all moved around instead. Should've heard the laughter. Sometimes language is still a barrier even if my Dutch family can speak amazing English!!
On Sunday after church we stopped at this house where my Mom spent a good part of her life! My Oma lived here and I've been inside when i was 3, but have no memory. Apparently my Oma's neighbours still live next door! (we think they must be very old)
Our fantastic hosts the last days we were in the Netherlands along with their beautiful daughters and 1 almost new member to the family :) Wish we could just fly back easily for the wedding in September.
My Oom and Tante
Oh the stories of these 2
They were locked out of their house after our family day...haha had to get the neighbour to climb over the fence and then climb into an upper bedroom window to break in.
We also had rice in bed for dinner
Yes! I also thought it was a joke, but it's the old ways of making rice.
Inside our luxurious hotel. So fun sleeping in the attic. No wasted space!
And back in the airport getting ready to head home. Wish i could have a table like this one!
This trip was memorable. Thank you to my husband, sister and brother in law for taking this journey with me.
God be with all my Dutch family until we meet again!
And remember the VL Abbotsford castle is open to all of my Dutch relatives!

Wow that's quite the table ... wish I could have one of those bikes haha!
ReplyDelete