Turning a house into our home
Some exciting stuff has happened to our house this past year +
The bathroom when we moved in....I really don't miss the red...
I absolutely love the new colour in our bathroom!! Thanks to my friend for helping me pick such fun colours! I love colour. This one is called Deep Ocean (I love the sea so this was an appropriate choice)
Front Entrance. The left is the old colour...the new colour on the right along with that cute key box!!! More wall art still needed, but it all takes time.
The old...
The new colour...its called Woodlawn blue. The photo doesn't do it justice...but I definitely love it! Again thanks to my wonderful friend for helping pick such fun colours.
In came the red colour again from the old....and the oak fire place....nope not missing that at all!
The process :)
I love this space now!!! Carried the woodlawn blue colour from the front entry into the living room. Added white to the mantle and hints of orange everywhere. Thanks to my niece for sewing me up some pillows to add that orange touch!!
The old
The new
This area is in some need of work yet....but it's coming :) It has plans!!
We also worked on our yard....It's not complete yet as we have lots more planting to do...I sure don't miss those big ugly hedges!
Maybe you can't tell, but it took a lot of digging out of rocks in those gardens. Thanks to my one friend who occasionally helped to gain some rocks for her garden. She'd even dig when i wasn't around :)
I don't think I have a photo of the original backyard....but this is me helping dig out the 2 rows of hedge that were in our yard.....With those trees in the yard I couldn't see the kids playing.....
The landscapers digging!
Starting to build
Getting Close
Now I can see the kids! People can now walk safely down to the bottom portion of the lawn and we have a toboggan hill for winter or a slip and slide hill for summer....
So happy with the results of the clean cut backyard!!!
It still needs lots of plants in it yet :)
This is the next step on home renos....a new deck. The stairs weren't held on by much so I was thankful to tear those off and know that no one can walk down those sketchy things again!!!
Still some hard work ahead of us to work on our home to make it our own. But looking back on these photos makes me realize how much we've added our own touch to it already! (Maybe one day the kids will stop asking to move.....)
Wow!!! Looks really good Carla! But probably looks better in person. I should come for a coffee! ��
ReplyDelete