When your friend gets married....
Exciting times happened not that long ago....my best friend became married. It was a beautiful day in more than one way.
The Location....
Eek......
Taking some opportunity in the sunshine!!
After the ceremony it was time to party at the reception. I didn't have any crazy entertainment like N did on our wedding....like power points and crazy hilarious skits. However I thought it appropriate that since I've known her as a friend for about 18 years I could say a few words. Here is what I said.
To the beautiful bride, a
beauty from the inside out!
For those of you who don’t
know who the bride and I met just over 18 years ago on a
beautiful sunny day. However, the
relationship didn’t start out very well.
We both perceived each other as the biggest loser on the other side of
Hicks lake! Thankfully God in his
goodness intervened those thoughts and changed our hearts about each other.
Our true friendship began
with an initiation: prove that you could still do a flip on the trampoline
landing on your feet. Since we both
managed to complete the task we then proceeded to marking each other up with a
good ole ink tattoo. (Pen that is!) In those high school drama years, we managed
to figure each other’s lives out just a little…..
N always demonstrated a
strong faith life! She showed me her
Bible which was full of highlights and markings and oh boy was I little hmmm
what do you say shocked. I came from a
family that taught me not to “wreck” your Bible. Although I’m thankful to say that through watching
N over time in her life circumstance that thought has changed.
Over the years we’ve done a
few outings together. I think our first
trip was climbing into the convertible and heading out to the Gorge in
Washington with our full on Canadian attire.
Here we had strangers jump into the car to join us eh! It was a great weekend of music and sleeping
under the stars.
On another day, we decided to
drive to Calgary to arrange the future marriage of N’s niece to my nephew…. (it’s
not going so well as my nephew has taken on a new girl).
Truthfully N’s caring heart
sent her over there to help out her family and I couldn’t resist a ride to
visit mine.
There are trips we’ve done
with other friends that all hold dear memories to us! I can always rely on you N to be my night
owl and not be an early bird! Yup when
that next trip comes around in 2 years I’m counting on you girl! Oh, and B she has to go!
Even if it was N who had me
put in the back of a police car and yet she can manage to talk her way out of a
speeding ticket… I can still treasure our friendship. I can’t say that our friendship has hits
highs or lows, but I can say our lives sure have. N always demonstrated strong faith through
each and every trial that she has walked through and has supported me through
mine. I hope that I was half the friend
that you’ve been to me!
N thank you for being a
support in my life! You always check in
on me when I need it! You set me
straight when I wander and put each person in my family into that big heart of
yours. When that phone call came that
B became a part of your life I was on the moon excited for you! It was all in God’s special timing! Even though B I don’t know you well yet (I
hope that changes) it took someone just like you to become a part of this
special women’s (because we’re not ladies until 80) life!
N my Golden Friend, forever
etched in memory is that topless ride (the car) up the mountain singing
Lifesong…..may these words continue to be evident in this new chapter of your
life. “May the words I say and the
things I do, make my lifesong sing bring a smile to you.
Golden Friends....
So precious!! Love her
Can't wait to get to know the groom a little better.







Comments
Post a Comment