Italian treat by the North Sea

Well I thought i was over the jet lag.....but I was awake between the hours of 2:30 and 4:30am. Sigh! The rooster started around 4  but eventually I fell asleep again. We had another time commitment this am which isn't great for when you lose 2 hours of sleep. But the adventures had to continue!
After groggily getting up out of bed the 2 morning people in the group had breakfast prepared and it tasted delicious. (Good thing they were along or I'd be behind schedule for hours that day) 
We made it a little late to meet up with our cousin to explore the thousands upon thousands of beautiful tulips. We enjoyed the smells of hyacinth surrounding the area. All done in the famous Keukonhoff.  We were Dodging the tourists or staring them down. (When your with a local your not a tourist right??)
How many different cultures all come together in one famous place.  Even took a photo of a tourists posing in her Japanese outfit!

Caution! Caution!

Picture overload of flowers...

We did couple photos, but never a group shot??  





 What can I say but i adore the colour orange... unsure which orange I like the most??

Love love the blue orchid!!!




My fun loving cousin who we hung out with for the morning.  Shared many a good laughs...and received many a warning to hang on to your purse!!  Of course enjoyed a cup of coffee and cake.  

Oh the boat....took a while for us to get into it....the other photographer in the background has a photo of us from the other angle in the boat, but well you'll have to wait until July until I have that photo?

After stuffing ourselves with cake and coffee we said good-bye to our fun loving cousin and then sauntered off to Maudoradam.  There weren't too many tourists to dodge here, however the birds were a different story. They tried attacking our lunch. They won when M threw them a nice tasty crumb. 
We acted like a bunch of kids here only because we could!  Playing with the shipyard for example. 






Next we headed to the North Sea at Scheveningen Beach (Try pronouncing that one!!! Don't forget the growl the g). 
I just had to dip my feet into the sea!!! (Because water and sand are my place to be!!)
We walked this beautiful pier and beach and breathed in the fresh sea air!! Of course when you see  some gelato on holidays who can pass it by???  





It was super chilly....but the sand was so nice!


Our feet were getting tired from all our walking this day and the previous day so we headed back to Oudewater where we picked up our $1.86/person meal of Bahmi and Salad.  Delicious!! 
The evening was for chilling out and chatting!  Because how often do we see our Albertan family anyways???  
(Oh and recovering from a sun tan...even if it was a little chilly )

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021