Caye Caulker
Today we got a ferry ride over to Caye Caulker
After crashing into the dock upon departure and hitting large waves we made it safe and sound, a little seasick to Caye Caulker. We however stayed inside the boat as the tropical rains came pouring down. The ferry guy says I don’t want you getting sick out in the rain....I argued a little rain doesn’t hurt. Which he then replied, yes it’s a little blessing coming down isn’t it?
Hung out around Caye Caulker for most of the day. It had a different vibe then SAN Pedro....I’m glad we are staying in SAN Pedro. I like it a lot better. It feels cleaner and the people seem more friendly.
The Caye is a little quieter as it has no vehicles and only a few golf carts. The popular saying in the Caye is go slow!

Also we had 360 degree views of the ocean which was beautiful. Finally a place to watch the sunset, but we didn’t hang oug long enough.
We ate some lunch on the water while being entertained by a local cleaning their lobster catch of the day...the birds were flocking around catching all the unwanted portions.
Also we had 360 degree views of the ocean which was beautiful. Finally a place to watch the sunset, but we didn’t hang oug long enough.
Taking it slow...
I'd say this is more authentic Belizian lifestyle...
Took the "luxurious" ferry back to our place
Headed back to our condo...did homework and picked up dinner down the street to go. It was cheaper to buy the chicken already cooked then from the grocery store.
Will end the night with some more Belize brownies
Comments
Post a Comment