The Final Post for 2010

Wow!  Did the time ever pass by quickly.  Although I didn’t feel overwhelmed with Christmas festivities, we still did a lot of fun things.  We truly feel overwhelmed by Blessings in this past year and this season. 

The beginning of our celebrating started out at a work dinner from D’s company IMW.  We enjoyed a delicious dinner in the Coast Hotel as well as some good entertainment by some comedian ( I can’t remember his name).

IMG_0750The SANTA train put on by the West Coast Express annually was our second event of the Christmas season.  Even with a little hesitation the day before from D our day was fantastic!  We rode the train, sky train, 2 busses and ended up in Kerrisdale.  Here we enjoyed a home packed lunch with some yummy Starbucks.  After that we had a ride on a horse and carriage along with Santa.  This is the first year our girls could look at him without shedding a tear!

IMG_0754IMG_0752IMG_0760A picture of little E as he did come along as well.  His very first train ride SmileIMG_5157

Mmmmmm doesn’t this just look delicious.  This was the next “Christmas” activity.  Baking!  My sis-in-law came over one day and we worked hard all day to accomplish this.  Just double what you see here and that is what came out of our day!  Not bad for 2 moms who are nursing I’d say.

IMG_5167

Than the most important part of this time of year is family time!  Here we all had fun building with blocks and my dear hubby came up with the great idea of putting all our letters in blocks.  Maybe it will become next years Christmas picture………well not this one but one with the same idea. 

IMG_5173

Oh the excitement our next Christmas even was to open gifts with the kids.  I think the expressions on the girls face say it all!

IMG_5177IMG_5178IMG_5180IMG_5181IMG_5184

We were all spoiled more than we needed to be!  It was a fun evening though!

IMG_5189IMG_5191IMG_5194IMG_5195

Merry Christmas!

The traditional candlelight breakfast continues in my family!  I’ve done this for as long as I remember and it truly is my most favourite morning of the year!  I also started the new tradition of Breakfast Trifle….so good on Christmas morning!

IMG_5202

A photo of D playing with the camera and well I just like it!

Well I’d like to keep going….but I have 2 very miserable children who are in some serious need of attention I suppose.  So you may have to wait until next year to read the rest of the story.

Enjoy your evening.  I am looking forward to our party as everyone is supposed to bring some food with the beginning of their letter….so that will be Chips and Dip as well as chocolate rum balls and if we could think up of a drink we could bring that too so I found a recipe called Cinderella. 

1 D and 3 C’s.  I was going to think of something for E, but opted out as we are heading out to town this afternoon…….

Ok I”M OFF!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021