Day 5........typed up in just a few minutes.
So the sunshine here in BC is just making me drag my feet to finish any blogging right now, but I thought I better get this done before its September and I won't remember a whole lot else. I also am trying to sneak in some time while the kids are playing outdoors for a little while and not interrupting me.
So our final Day in Rome had arrived. J and I decided we better go and see the famous Pantheon yet before we leave and never return. Even if we threw a coin in the Trevi Fountain, I don't think I really want my wish of coming back to Rome one day to be true. There are so many more adventures in the world and this is now off the checklist :) NOT that I didn't enjoy my journey over........just one of those things.
So yes, we made it to the Pantheon, a building that used to be to worship all Roman gods. Today it has been converted into a Roman Catholic church. It was too bad half of it was under scaffolding, but what can ya do? And so we said our farewells to Rome!
After an hour airplane right we made it to Venice.....now we had to attempt to find our way around a new city with no cars. Well we did take the bus up until where the water taxi's or water buses were located. In the picture you can see a water bus. We enjoyed a nice 40 minute ride until our stop. Thankfully we did not have to cross over hundreds of bridges with our luggage to get to our apartment. Actually we had no bridges from the water bus so it was quite nice!
Can you imagine what was going through our heads when we got inside of this place when we got here. check here to look at a picture of our place in Rome. The living room in Venice was pretty much as big as our whole apartment (OK a little exaggeration). It was extremely nice and roomy and well I could live there for a long time!
Another bonus of this apartment was the view outside of it. We had no one directly in front of us, just a Venice Canal. It was nice and quiet and at night a nice breeze would come off the water......thankfully as there wasn't air conditioning, the one downfall.
Well my time is up for blogging today, but more of Venice soon!





Comments
Post a Comment