Day 6......shopping, Venice, Gelato!
Can you believe that I'm back blogging again another day of our trip. I guess this summer sunshine gets the girls up and me going and finish my chores early in the am leaving me with time to blog :) Plus I just want to get this done now.
So what happened in Venice? After a good night sleep in our big bed and big apartment D and I set out to find some breakfast as we had only dried mangoes on site. J said we could go for breakfast just the 2 of us, but we decided we didn't really want her to starve. And nothing was really open around us expect for the little market (corner store) and bakery. Well when a pregnant women smells baked goods.......watch out. We got some really yummy treats for breakfast. The interesting thing was how the weighed some of our food to get the cost. I guess the heavier your bun is the more you pay. We came back to a happy J as well who was glad we brought over some food.
Later that day we were to head back to the other side of Venice to pay for our apartment. Well to our surprise the Water Bus was on strike. We were thankful they weren't on strike the day before as it would've sucked dragging our suitcases across all the bridges we took on the way back to pay. It was a good adventure and we saw a lot of Venice on this walk. Plus you weren't looking around every corner worrying if a motorbike or moped was going to run you over.
Anyways here are some photo's of our walk.
So what happened in Venice? After a good night sleep in our big bed and big apartment D and I set out to find some breakfast as we had only dried mangoes on site. J said we could go for breakfast just the 2 of us, but we decided we didn't really want her to starve. And nothing was really open around us expect for the little market (corner store) and bakery. Well when a pregnant women smells baked goods.......watch out. We got some really yummy treats for breakfast. The interesting thing was how the weighed some of our food to get the cost. I guess the heavier your bun is the more you pay. We came back to a happy J as well who was glad we brought over some food.
Later that day we were to head back to the other side of Venice to pay for our apartment. Well to our surprise the Water Bus was on strike. We were thankful they weren't on strike the day before as it would've sucked dragging our suitcases across all the bridges we took on the way back to pay. It was a good adventure and we saw a lot of Venice on this walk. Plus you weren't looking around every corner worrying if a motorbike or moped was going to run you over.
Anyways here are some photo's of our walk.
Can you believe this massive cruise ship? It is going through the central canal of Venice. This was our first spotting of one, we saw many massive ships travel through the next few days.
This photo was taken at 3 attempts :) Notice that the Italian flag is flying proudly in this one.
*Sigh* to walk the alleys in Venice again :)
We didn't venture into a gondola. Lets just say we are Dutch heritage :)
We have many more pictures of our day in Venice. Let me just say I need to go back one day with my friend so that we can just have fun in our photography world. I was mostly 10 or more steps behind D and J the whole time admiring things I could take photo's of.......but not always taking them as I was feeling guilty holding them up already :) I will post a few more of my favourite photo's from the day later.
I am sure after you've read this blog you can tell I've enjoyed Venice a whole lot more than Rome. If you're going to adventure to Italy......its a must (?)








Comments
Post a Comment