Almost complete.... Day 7

It's Monday morning......and well lets just say the motivation to get things done around the house are at a  low.  Typical for a Monday morning around here.  So I thought well I could be a "little" productive and work on this blog.  It's Day 7 of our trip and we are still in Venice.  Here are some photo's.
If you live in Venice you of course do not own a garage.....well maybe one for your boat, but not the greatest for a garage sale as everything would be...well...wet!  So this is how they do "garage" sales in Venice.  In their little Campo's (Square).  I would've thought it'd be kind of neat to go check it out, but we just kept on walking.

Here is our apartment from the outside in Venice. You can see J and I on the third floor looking out.  The first 4 windows from the left until Julia was the size of it.  Not bad huh!

On day 7 we ventured into the St. Marks Basillica.  Technically photo's weren't allowed inside, but here is one sneak peak of the inside.  The whole thing was mosaics.  It was rather amazing.  At the time we were there a Greek Orthodox service was taking place.  They do a lot of splitting of churches/services.  I guess the next day it would be the Roman Catholics having a service?
Another illegal photo.  J and D insisted I take this photo of these horses that were made in the 2nd (I think) century.  I was hesitant, but took the photo anyways.  Than I randomly was checking out the ceiling and low and behold a video camera was nicely watching me take a picture of this the whole time.  No one came and got me in trouble.......next time I should make them take the photo.
Another photo of us.  We LOVED having you on this trip J :)
This is at the top of the Basillica and you can see the Campo below as well as the Canal.
We didn't do too much adventuring that day, we did a lot more shopping as we were in the hunt for a few souvenirs and certain things in particular for people back home.  Of course we had our usual stop for Gelato during the day.....I think I discovered the Nutella flavour...need not to explain how amazing that was do I?

Anyways I should go and make my cinnamon buns and do more Monday laundry as its all calling my name somehow.  Hope you have a good day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

In Memory of Dad

Christmas Blessings to you!