The Final Day and headed home.

Its been 1 month since we've returned from our Italy/London journey.  An appropriate day to finish blogging about it.
Sorry about not rotating this......might do it later.
This is in front of........you guess correct if you said
Buckingham Palace.  Of course the Queen wasn't there, but the guards were.
Do you also see J with her beautiful new umbrella.  The first thing we did when we landed in London was put on pants, dig out our coats and headed on the train.  Once we got off the train we purchased 2 cute umbrella's to keep ourselves as dry as possible.  What a contrast from the 32 degree Celsius weather we were just experiencing.

This was a beautiful path we walked along to get to Hyde Park.
Once again we didn't think we had enough walking since the beginning of our journey.  So we walked from one side of London to the other.  Not sure how many km's that was.........but at the end of it I was pretty exhausted and insisted we take the metro back to the train station.
If you don't know what this is.............I'm a little sad for you.

Here is your movie trivia question.  What movie and what # movie is this bridge famous for?


I think this is my favourite part of London still.  No, its not London Bridge...that's actually kind of ugly.
This is the famous Tower Bridge.  This was near the end of our walk through the city.  Sadly it all had to come to an end at some point and time.  We headed back on the train to Gatwick where our hotel and departing airport were located.  When we arrived back we learned that D had missed his flight home Remember this Post? 

The next day when at the busy airport we were asked if we would like to stay behind another day.  As much as J was tempted to stay....I had my mind set on returning home.  2 little girls were calling my name.

Hope you enjoyed reading about our journey.  I missed a lot of details, but I just want to get back to blogging about every day life again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021