On a journey
So today was official packing day for 5 folks in this house. We will see if the 6th manages to do his packing before the day is over?
It has been a whirlwind of activity around this house the last week and a bit. The Christmas baking has been mostly completed, the shopping done (ok minus 2 gifts). Birthday party’s for an 8 year old done! The Mr. has been attending a lot of meetings lately, but everything has been sorted out for our trip. The kids are all going to be well taken care of, the house is tidy (not sure if will stay that way????) The last of the laundry piles are either drying or waiting to be dried. Ironing is done etc. etc.
So where are the Mr. and I off to….

Most of the time when this name comes up that we are travelling here it gets some fun responses.
“Oh I wouldn’t go there, find somewhere else to go”
”Why in the world are you going there?” (common question)
”Is your husband doing business there?” (cause why else would we go right?)
And other responses.
I like my sisters answer to someone the best. “They have been everywhere else!” (Which isn’t true…….ok maybe for the Mr.)
The whole idea of going to this up and coming resort country was to find a not so touristy place, not to expensive for touristy things and the best reason of all to hopefully meet our sponsor child!
We are absolutely thrilled that we were given permission to meet our sponsor daughter that we’ve known via paper and pictures for the last 10 years. It will be so nice to just give her a big hug!
I’m hoping to be able to blog our story while we are travelling, but I’m unsure of our internet connections and such at this time. So stay tuned! Tomorrow is travel day!
Comments
Post a Comment