Turtles




So we are staying in an eco friendly resort here on La Barras de Santiago. They take care of turtles that are hatched and macaws that are extint in El Salvador trying to reintroduce to the area. They use solar panels to heat water and recycle the water and use it to water the plants on resort. 
So a turtle laid eggs about 3-4 weeks before our arrival and may hatch when we were around. Guess what the first morning we woke up to the news that the little guys were hatched. Probably between 70-80 of them. 
They are the cutest little things. They hold them for 2 weeks and release them back into the wild. Apparently there survival is much better this way. 

Our morning breakfast. I was thrilled with the sight of pineapple on my plate. Local pineapple is oh so much tastier then anything we can fathom back in Canada. It is much tastier then any candy you can buy!
Another sneak peak into our room. The other door. The deck also had a couch on it. 
Of course when you're by the beach you should spend time on it. Especially since it's so secluded. A few locals would walk or bike by occasionally. The people in this town are fisherman. They live off the land and don't really work we are told. 
We also had a plank competition. I have to work on those planks some more!
D also did some chin ups in our room. It had some awesome tree trunks inside. 



The food in this resort is worth raving about. Diego our chef did an amazing job. Every meal came with an appy and a choice of 3 meals and a dessert. This lunch was shrimp salad (below) and D had the ink calamari rice and I had a stuffed chicken. Soooo good!  We were told that there are 70 menu 
items. 

After eating this delicious meal we cooled down in the pool before heading for a long romantic walk down the beach.
Ok maybe it was a hot sweaty, feet exfoliating kind of walk. 
We didn't get a real close up of the town. Showing around an iPhone may not be a good idea here? If you are looking for some ray banz or Oakley sunglasses this is probably the cheapest place you could buy some 😉
After a short visit we headed back to our resort.  We had a boat tour set out. 
It was a beautiful ride through the estuary. The mangrove trees were beautiful and I was thankful no crocodiles showed there face. 
We arrived back to the resort to spend a little time in the hammocks before dinner. 
Then it was dinner. I had ordered a seafood pasta dish....I had vowed I would never eat muscles or oysters. Guess what I broke that vow and I ate them. Guess what I don't think I ever need to eat them again...lets just say I was thankful for all the shells that were still totally sealed shut that I couldn't eat the meat. (No photos of this meal)
The coconut sorbet made up for it. 
Oh and we had a nightly bad swim around the pool eating all the mosquitoes. (Actually the bugs weren't bad)












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bubbly

Trips and treasures

2021