Flying Home
Really it is time to go? I can't believe that we had to pack up this time knowing that it wouldn't be moving to another condo but to venture home. It meant that the shorts and skirts and sunscreen will be put away until the lazy days of summer arrive back at home in BC.
Our last morning in Florida was spent a little at the sugary beach attempting again to get another family photo. this time a human stood behind the camera taking the picture so hoping it works out good. I haven't looked too close yet. After a few moments on the beach it was time to say good bye to be warm Gulf of Mexico and we had a protestor that is for sure. Our beach loving son didn't want to leave and on the inside I was protesting too!
But in the end time won out and a swim one last time in the outdoor pool before packing up our mini van with luggage and kids to drive towards the airport. Mr. J is not a great vehicle fan so we stopped a few times on the way. One stop we ate a packed lunch and spent money for fun at the vending machines. I think we may come to regret that decision, it was a fun way to spend those few America. $$$ we had left.
On to the straight stretch of highway through the Everglades. We were going to stop and take an airboat tour, but we thought we didn't want a deaf baby so we checked on our own at a rest stop for some alligators. No success! I'm not really sure if I wanted to meet one anyways.
We made one more stop at the Atlantic Ocean to dip our feet in and burn a little energy before the long flight home.
Our flight couldn't have gone any better once again with 4 kids. A little crying and squeals from mr. J before take off and then he slept the next 5 hours or so. At one point 5/6 of the family was sleeping and 2/3 aunt/uncles too! Of course it was late at night for us. I didn't dare fall asleep as I was sure I would drop the baby. We managed to have everyone awake after landing in fairly good moods. The fear of their dad was they were all going to need to be carried off the plane along with all those carry-on bags. Of course some aunts and uncles could help, but thankfully they walked off In Chipper moods and were fairly good all the way to our hotel.
Today we were awake at a half decent hour except J. He was chatting up a storm at 5:30 am. What? It was 8:30 for him! I am curious to see what sort of rescheduling we will be doing with him....he is in bed now and I'm guessing he's hi king it's like 8pm currently. Might be waking him up if he doesn't do that himself.
Everyone is back into full schedule tomorrow. Hopefully they all will have a decent lunch :) miss A is at a birthday this afternoon and another one tomorrow. She's back into her full social schedule.
We are looking forward to our cooler, but sunny week. Hopefully pictures to follow soon.
I am also hoping to do a highlights of our trip post. Since not all the kids are home until Tuesday evening it will have to wait.
C
Our last morning in Florida was spent a little at the sugary beach attempting again to get another family photo. this time a human stood behind the camera taking the picture so hoping it works out good. I haven't looked too close yet. After a few moments on the beach it was time to say good bye to be warm Gulf of Mexico and we had a protestor that is for sure. Our beach loving son didn't want to leave and on the inside I was protesting too!
But in the end time won out and a swim one last time in the outdoor pool before packing up our mini van with luggage and kids to drive towards the airport. Mr. J is not a great vehicle fan so we stopped a few times on the way. One stop we ate a packed lunch and spent money for fun at the vending machines. I think we may come to regret that decision, it was a fun way to spend those few America. $$$ we had left.
On to the straight stretch of highway through the Everglades. We were going to stop and take an airboat tour, but we thought we didn't want a deaf baby so we checked on our own at a rest stop for some alligators. No success! I'm not really sure if I wanted to meet one anyways.
We made one more stop at the Atlantic Ocean to dip our feet in and burn a little energy before the long flight home.
Our flight couldn't have gone any better once again with 4 kids. A little crying and squeals from mr. J before take off and then he slept the next 5 hours or so. At one point 5/6 of the family was sleeping and 2/3 aunt/uncles too! Of course it was late at night for us. I didn't dare fall asleep as I was sure I would drop the baby. We managed to have everyone awake after landing in fairly good moods. The fear of their dad was they were all going to need to be carried off the plane along with all those carry-on bags. Of course some aunts and uncles could help, but thankfully they walked off In Chipper moods and were fairly good all the way to our hotel.
Today we were awake at a half decent hour except J. He was chatting up a storm at 5:30 am. What? It was 8:30 for him! I am curious to see what sort of rescheduling we will be doing with him....he is in bed now and I'm guessing he's hi king it's like 8pm currently. Might be waking him up if he doesn't do that himself.
Everyone is back into full schedule tomorrow. Hopefully they all will have a decent lunch :) miss A is at a birthday this afternoon and another one tomorrow. She's back into her full social schedule.
We are looking forward to our cooler, but sunny week. Hopefully pictures to follow soon.
I am also hoping to do a highlights of our trip post. Since not all the kids are home until Tuesday evening it will have to wait.
C
I'm still feeling a big jet lagged and am quite tired every night ... what about you guys? At least I stopped waking up at 4:30 a.m.!
ReplyDelete