Sugar Sand
Isnt it lovely when your kids come to wake you up when they think they have the most important news to tell you. Well that is what happened this morning, though it was getting closer to 8 am so that is good! Miss B came in my room this morning with the most concerned face "Mom there are ants everywhere in the condo, and Dad is killing them all" Uhh.....gross, but manageable.... I proceeded to get out of bed to see what I could do, but apparently I couldn't find a single ant. Now you do have to look super close for these tiny guys. They are about 1/5 of a regular ant in BC. Yes, eventually I found them.
As we were sitting down for breakfast Miss A just happened to be half sleeping half walking to the table when we told her about the ant situation. But Miss B pipes up "Don't worry I'm an ant killer!" Phew, we are now going to be just fine!
The dishes were done, the sun was up and the heat was hot! It was going to be 31 celsius today! Where do you think we were going to be? The beach and pool of course! One problem....an aunt somehow managed to forget her swimsuit at the last location. I guess it was time to do some shopping before swimming........
With a new swimsuit in hand to the beach we went. It was the whitest, sugary soft sand I've ever seen. Just amazing and beautiful. Everyone except Mr. J and I hung out at the beach for the remainder of the morning.
The afternoon consisted of pool, school work for 3, snacking, reading and relaxing. The things vacations are meant for??? (Ok not the school part, but 2/3 had fun with it).
After a yummy chicken dinner it was time to head back to the sugary sand and go for another swim in the warm ocean and watch the sunset. Now we have a lot of protesting when it came to leaving the ocean. We also have a lot of "NOOOOOOOOOO" we can't leave Florida when we told the kids that we are heading homewards tomorrow. We are all sad to leave this wonderful place behind. Silently I'm protesting with them. Who wants to leave such a wonderful place behind. Maybe we will come back one day?
This is almost the conclusion of our trip. So much more probably happened in between all the moments I touched on. We feel really blessed to have been able to enjoy this family vacation. If Florida is remotely on your mind bite the bullet and go!\
As we were sitting down for breakfast Miss A just happened to be half sleeping half walking to the table when we told her about the ant situation. But Miss B pipes up "Don't worry I'm an ant killer!" Phew, we are now going to be just fine!
The dishes were done, the sun was up and the heat was hot! It was going to be 31 celsius today! Where do you think we were going to be? The beach and pool of course! One problem....an aunt somehow managed to forget her swimsuit at the last location. I guess it was time to do some shopping before swimming........
With a new swimsuit in hand to the beach we went. It was the whitest, sugary soft sand I've ever seen. Just amazing and beautiful. Everyone except Mr. J and I hung out at the beach for the remainder of the morning.
The afternoon consisted of pool, school work for 3, snacking, reading and relaxing. The things vacations are meant for??? (Ok not the school part, but 2/3 had fun with it).
After a yummy chicken dinner it was time to head back to the sugary sand and go for another swim in the warm ocean and watch the sunset. Now we have a lot of protesting when it came to leaving the ocean. We also have a lot of "NOOOOOOOOOO" we can't leave Florida when we told the kids that we are heading homewards tomorrow. We are all sad to leave this wonderful place behind. Silently I'm protesting with them. Who wants to leave such a wonderful place behind. Maybe we will come back one day?
This is almost the conclusion of our trip. So much more probably happened in between all the moments I touched on. We feel really blessed to have been able to enjoy this family vacation. If Florida is remotely on your mind bite the bullet and go!\
Comments
Post a Comment