Travel with kids
This morning breakfast was made for me this time. Dishes are done and the closet door is being broke through to free the back packs. Great loud entertainment.
Yesterday morning no one slept in and D was gone so it was an early start. The kids wanted to eat in the sun room so they were helping out by carrying things to the table. Of course this turned into a disaster. The orange juice went everywhere! How do you clean up OJ when you don't really have any supplies to clean with. I think we used half a paper towel roll on the clean up....and as suspected the floors were filthy black. So our breakfast was a little cold by the time we ate it.
After dishes the kids were getting ready for the day. My favourite question "mom is it going to be hot?" Well we are in Florida....yes it's always hot here., so yes please put on your shorts.
We hung out in the condo did more school work and J had a nice nap. What did the 2 yr. old do today? Well after his mom told him to wash his hands we had a flood on our hands....he did try to clean it up,with the toilet paper and I will leave that up to your imagination.....
J was still sleeping, school work done, back packs locked behind a locked door on what to do? You can play with the coolest broom and picker upper you can be busy for a long time! Apparently house cleaning is the new pretend play.
Finally J woke up and off to the beach we go. Of course this is getting swimsuits on tripping over each other finding this and that but the 5 of us made it out the door. Now travelling with 4 little kids you receive a lot of stares, funny looks and comments. Most of the comments have been good so that's good. One lady from New York was all concerned for me as I was alone with the kids....do you have any help ? Well yes of course my husband! I guess in today's society that is a really big blessing.
There also aren't many kids around right now as I'm sure most parents are sensible and leave theirs in school. This made for a German tourist to hang around us the whole time we were at the each yesterday. A little awkward but we were nice and let him chat. Many people also stop to try pinch J's cheeks or touch his toes or get a smile....babies they are like magnets.
The kids also wanted me to post about chasing lizards. They think it's a great game though I'm not sure they would ever pick one up? Also I learned E is just petrified of pigeons. They come to close and he just shrieks! I told him to chase them off so he's getting better.
My friend recently went to Oregon and she was commenting about the sand being everywhere. Well I'm laughing because the kids thought falling into the sand was a blast! When we got back to the condo we didn't just have sand we had a beach in here!
Well J is seeking attention even though he should be napping....everyone else is having a morning swim at the pool. Someone had to hang back at the condo or we would be locked out of it. I know right the closet is finally accessible and the key cards to the condo decide to fail.....wonder will happen next.
Enjoy your day.
Yesterday morning no one slept in and D was gone so it was an early start. The kids wanted to eat in the sun room so they were helping out by carrying things to the table. Of course this turned into a disaster. The orange juice went everywhere! How do you clean up OJ when you don't really have any supplies to clean with. I think we used half a paper towel roll on the clean up....and as suspected the floors were filthy black. So our breakfast was a little cold by the time we ate it.
After dishes the kids were getting ready for the day. My favourite question "mom is it going to be hot?" Well we are in Florida....yes it's always hot here., so yes please put on your shorts.
We hung out in the condo did more school work and J had a nice nap. What did the 2 yr. old do today? Well after his mom told him to wash his hands we had a flood on our hands....he did try to clean it up,with the toilet paper and I will leave that up to your imagination.....
J was still sleeping, school work done, back packs locked behind a locked door on what to do? You can play with the coolest broom and picker upper you can be busy for a long time! Apparently house cleaning is the new pretend play.
Finally J woke up and off to the beach we go. Of course this is getting swimsuits on tripping over each other finding this and that but the 5 of us made it out the door. Now travelling with 4 little kids you receive a lot of stares, funny looks and comments. Most of the comments have been good so that's good. One lady from New York was all concerned for me as I was alone with the kids....do you have any help ? Well yes of course my husband! I guess in today's society that is a really big blessing.
There also aren't many kids around right now as I'm sure most parents are sensible and leave theirs in school. This made for a German tourist to hang around us the whole time we were at the each yesterday. A little awkward but we were nice and let him chat. Many people also stop to try pinch J's cheeks or touch his toes or get a smile....babies they are like magnets.
The kids also wanted me to post about chasing lizards. They think it's a great game though I'm not sure they would ever pick one up? Also I learned E is just petrified of pigeons. They come to close and he just shrieks! I told him to chase them off so he's getting better.
My friend recently went to Oregon and she was commenting about the sand being everywhere. Well I'm laughing because the kids thought falling into the sand was a blast! When we got back to the condo we didn't just have sand we had a beach in here!
Well J is seeking attention even though he should be napping....everyone else is having a morning swim at the pool. Someone had to hang back at the condo or we would be locked out of it. I know right the closet is finally accessible and the key cards to the condo decide to fail.....wonder will happen next.
Enjoy your day.
haha I love how it's turned into such an adventure :) Can't wait to be there with you!
ReplyDelete